21 September 2008

Uniformfreak



763 different stewardess uniforms from 334 airlines, Uniformfreak.com

"Sometime in 1980 I was given my first uniform by one of my mother's friends. I was so excited and I wanted to have more uniforms. In 1982 I heard that two charter airlines were introducing new uniforms. I wasted no time, I called these airlines and as a result I was invited to pick up a set of old uniforms. Between 1982 and 1993 I didn't do much to obtain any more uniforms, something I really regret now as I could have had many many more! Most of my uniforms were obtained between 1993 and today. At the moment my collection contains more than 700 different uniforms from various airlines worldwide.

When I was a small boy, I wanted to become a flight attendant. That was my big dream and my big dream came true! I started my career at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines when I was 21 and aside from a stint at Passenger Services for three years, I still hold that position, but now as a purser! As I travel the world, it gives me the opportunity to visit local airline offices and I meet people who can maybe help me to obtain new uniforms for my collection. One day, I hope to have my own museum. Another dream that will come true? Who knows?" — Cliff Muskiet

No comments:

Post a Comment